Why Your Business Should Become a Key West Home Tours™ Sponsor
Last season, our 58th Annual, over 4,000 people attended our four tours viewing 20 unique homes, five each in December, January, February and March. There were 400+ volunteers and we had 16 wonderful sponsors. Surveys tell us that over 80% of tour goers are from out of town and that a significant number visit Key West on these dates specifically so they can attend our tours. Tour participants tend to be a discerning crowd with an eye towards quality in where they stay, eat and spend their time. Tour attendees and volunteers are the kind of people that are good for Key West business. For the coming 59th Annual 2018-2019 Key West Home Tours Season, we are making it easier than ever for local businesses to participate and attract these unique visitors.
All proceeds of Key West Home Tours™ go towards fulfilling OIRF’s mission of “Celebrating and sustaining Key West’s unique architecture, culture and history.” Grants are provided to local home owners and non-profits to fix up their buildings in the historic district, scholarships are provided to Key West High School students and funds are used to maintain Key West Oldest House Museum and Garden. OIRF offers a unique way to become a Key West Home Tours™ sponsor.
How Your Business Can Become a Key West Home Tours™ Sponsor
You can contribute cash and/or you can provide us with in-kind products. This makes it easy to participate.
We will always accept a check or credit card as payment towards a Sponsorship.
Restaurant, Bar, Retail and Attractions Gift Certificates and Tickets
We need restaurant, bar, and retail gift certificates to provide to the 20 home owners on our tour and to say thank you to our Museum docents. Theater and attraction tickets are great too. For example this past season Danger Charters provided twenty “Wind and Wine Sunset Sails” for two, with a retail price of $170 each. That’s a $3,400 value and makes them a Gold Level Sponsor. Another example is that First Flight Island Restaurant and Brewery provided us with five $50 gift certificates, which would make them a Bronze Level Sponsor.
Food and Drinks (Beer, Wine and Liquor)
In addition to gift certificates we have need of food and drinks (beer, wine, liquor, water, sodas and mixers). For example we have an Annual Appreciation Lunch for our Home Tour Docents, home owners and sponsors on March 3, 2019. We need someone to cater lunch for 200 people. A discounted or free lunch can be used as barter to become a sponsor. Here’s a list of additional parties we need help with:
November 15, 2018 Key West Home Tours™ Kickoff Party Beer, wine, liquor and nibbly food
October 27, 2018 Oldest House Porch Parade Party Beer, wine, liquor and nice dinner for 70
March 2, 2019 Key West Conch Shell Blowing Contest Beer, wine, liquor, hot dog/burger sales
March 3, 2019 OIRF’s Annual Appreciation Party Beer, wine, liquor and lunch for 200
We have other events throughout the year and are always in need of food and drinks so we’d accept supplies of beer, wine and liquor and party utensils and food.
We are always in need of various products or services as we operate the Home Tours and the Oldest House Museum. Examples include office supplies and printing services (we print posters, rack cards, programs and more). We are looking for a bike shop to provide bikes to tour goers and for restaurants to provide discounts to Home Tour goers and Museum visitors.
Special Opportunity for Key West Realtors®, architects and construction companies
In lieu of cash, if you bring OIRF a home that gets put on the tour, you will be treated to the benefits of sponsorship as follows: one home – Silver Level, two homes – Gold Level, three+ homes – Platinum Level. Note: homes must be approved by the Home Tour Committee and be on the tour. Preference is given to homes that are NOT for sale at time of tour.
Special Opportunity For Hotels/Inns/B&Bs
In addition to becoming a sponsor by providing us with cash or gift certificates hotels, inns and B&Bs can help by promoting our tour with your guests via concierges and front desk staff. You can do this carrying our rack cards and/or posters. If your customers purchase a Home Tour ticket as a result, your staff can earn a $5 commission for every ticket sold. If your hotel carries our rack cards you’ll automatically be a Bronze Level Sponsor. Details here.
We’ll Make It Easy
Talk to our staff and we’ll make this easy for you. Need to pay over time? Talk to us. Want to provide us with gift certificates each month of the tour, rather than all up front? Talk to us?
Our Sponsors so Far:
Thank you to our 59th Annual 2018-2019 Key West Home Tours Sponsors:
Platinum level sponsors:
Gold Level Sponsors:
Silver Level Sponsors:
Bronze Level Sponsors:
59th Annual Key West Home Tours™ Sponsor Levels for the 2018-2019 Season
Bronze Level Sponsor ($250 – $499)
What you get:
- Invitation to Annual Key West Home Tours™ Kickoff Party, November 15, 2018
- Your name or business logo on the Key West Home Tours™ web site with links to your page
- 2 Home Tour tickets to each of the four tours
- 25% off rental of Oldest House Museum and Garden event space
- Listing on Key West Home Tours Poster
Silver Level Sponsor ($500 – $1,999)
- Business Partner Membership in Old Island Restoration Foundation
- 2 additional Home Tour tickets (4 total) to each of the four tours
- Additional 25% off rental of Oldest House Museum and Garden event space (50% total)
- Your business promoted on our Facebook page via posts
- Opportunity to purchase back of ticket and/or space on rack card
- Your logo on Key West Home Tours™ promotional Poster
- Listing on Key West Home Tours™ promotional Rack Card
Gold Level Sponsor ($2,000- $3,999)
Includes all benefits of Silver sponsorship plus:
- 2 additional Home Tour tickets (6 total) to each of the four tours
- Additional 25% off rental of Oldest House Museum and Garden event space (75% off)
- Your business promoted on our Facebook page via boosted posts
- Your logo on Key West Home Tours promotional Rack Card
- ¼ page ad on each of our four Key West Home Tours™ Programs
Platinum Level Sponsor ($4,000 and up)
Includes all benefits of Gold sponsorship plus:
- 4 additional Home Tour tickets (10 total) to each of the four tours
- ½ page ad in each of our Key West Home Tours™ Programs
- Your name and location on each of our four Home Tours program maps (where possible)
- FREE rental of Oldest House Museum and Garden event space
- Your logo on back of Key West Conch Shell Blowing Contest T-shirt
- Private Tour of Oldest House Museum for up to 20 people
Presenting Level Sponsor: ($10,000 of which $5,000 must be cash)
Includes all benefits of Platinum sponsorship plus:
- 10 additional Home Tour tickets (20 total) to each of the four tours
- Full page ad in each of our Key West Home Tours™ Programs
- Two FREE rentals of Oldest House Museum and Garden event space
Additional Opportunities on Back of Home Tour Tickets
The back of each of the four tour tickets are being sold separately. This is a great opportunity to provide customers with a discount for presenting the ticket and driving additional customers directly to you. Or it can simply be used as a branding opportunity. Cost: Must achieve Silver Level Sponsorship AND pay an additional $500 cash per ticket.
Pictured below is a typical ticket from year’s past. Last year the back of every tickets was sponsored by Vacation Homes of Key West. This year each of the four tickets will be sold separately.
October 19 – to get on the back of the tickets
October 19 – to get o the first printing of the poster and rack cards
December 7 – to get on the December tour Program
December 14 – to get on the final printing of the poster and rack cards
December 28 – to get on the January tour program
January 18, 2019 – to get on the February tour program
February 22 – to get on the March tour program
Talk to our Staff:
Chris Hamilton, Chris@OIRF.org, 305-294-9501
Kathy Sage, info@OIRF.org, 305-294-9501
Matt Hon, admin@OIRF.org, 305-294-9501